Hello. This is a blog set up to help people who were sexually abused by members of Kiwanis. I have set it up because I suspect there are people out there - in America, Australia and elsewhere - who are suffering in silence and could use some support.

I myself was sexually abused by a member of Kiwanis in Australia in the 90s. Unfortunately this vile child raping pedophile died before I could bring him to justice. Nothing has ever been reported in the media about Kiwanis and child sex abuse. I suspect there are many stories that have gone untold, and pedophiles who have gotten away with their depraved, soul-destroying crimes.

This blog is a small gesture, and it's obviously very plain, however, it's a start. If you are the victim of sexual abuse at the hands of a Kiwanis member, please feel free to reach out to me. You can remain completely anonymous. I would like to make contact with other victims, for 2 reasons. Firstly, I would like to build up a list of victims & collect their stories. Second, I would like to help in any way I can. I have a few runs on the board, I have been facing the impact of the abuse I suffered for several years and I know that progress is possible.

The worst thing of all is suffering in silence. If you are anything like me, you knew - and continue to think - that you would not be believed. You blame yourself. You feel shame and like you deserved the abuse. These are pretty much universal reactions to child sexual abuse, certainly when the crime remains unacknowledged. I believe this awful, self-reproaching silence is the great 'second abuse' that we suffer. Maybe in its own ways, it's worse than the actual sexual abuse. It can last a lifetime. It steals lives. Robs you of relationships, meaningful jobs, joy, intimacy and fulfilment.

Help is available. Just the simple act of making contact might have a profound effect. I believe for victims of child sexual abuse, it really is a case of safety in numbers. You are not alone. You weren't the only one. And you don't have to stay silent.

So if there is anyone out there who was in the same boat as me - an innocent, life-loving 9 year old boy from a broken home, who was "helped" by Kiwanis, and taken advantage of in the worst possible way by an 'upstanding' member of Kiwanis - then please get in touch.

100% anonymity is assured, if you need it. We don't have to correspond, you can just share your story if you like, or I can just write back with some ideas and resources that I think might be helpful. It's all up to you.

To other victims out there, I'll finish by saying: there is a way forward. There is a way to make genuine progress and get distance from the self blame, shame and isolation. Please get in touch, any time. Good luck and take care.


Comments

  1. Toronto ontario in the 1960s. They dressed up as doctors and told us we needed an exam. May they burn in hell

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Father was President (now he's treasurer) of his chapter of Kiwanis. He raped and beat me up thousands of times in my life. He has no business being around children without, or with, their parents. How could anyone let these people have unsupervised access to their children or the money these children earn for them. They are human traffickers, they make the key club kids earn money by making bracelets in santa clara, ca. then use the money on their own Kiwanis and organization's agenda. It's not like the kids get to spend that money on bills, or food. They are slaves, and Kiwanis is a slave driver.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment